Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift Tags - Revisited


Gift tags for R & L, using school photos from years past.....
Over the years, I have learned (the hard way) how important it is to have names on each wrapped gift sitting under the tree. While you may think that I inadvertently gave the wrong present to some poor soul, but no, I was on the receiving end ? from my parents! Many years ago while I was still in college and my mother was filling the job of office manager for my father?s then new accounting firm, one Christmas morn, I watched as my brother opened my new blender! We all had a good laugh, but I could tell how mortified my mother was when she realized her shorthand hieroglyphics did not serve her so well that particular Christmas.

So, as the abiding daughter, I have tried over the years to ensure that each smartly wrapped gift has some type of obvious gift tag. Of course, I need to make a project out of this task as the store-bought peel and stick gift tags will just not do this year, especially claiming to achieve three holiday projects!

I wanted the gift tag to serve more than one purpose, so I crafted a chipboard ornament that will serve gift tag duty! I used a chipboard kit, but embellished to my heart?s content. The picture above illustrates the ?ornament? in a tree ? but, ultimately, the tag will find its way to the present! I will also post photos with my next project ? I can?t give away all my projects in one post!

3 comments:

  1. Debra, these are beautiful......lucky kids! Alas, we're still in 'peel and stick' mode. Looking forward to photos of the next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! We haven't even made it to peel and stick! We are in "Sharpie" mode! Just lovely-- and such a nice keepsake!

    ReplyDelete