Friday, December 11, 2009

Ribbon, Braiding and Trim, Oh My!


New ribbon round-up!

Part of the allure to scrapping for many is the acquiring of supplies: the hoarding of paper, the frenzied purchase of the newest, coolest gadget du jour and the mounting masses of stamps, scissors and adhesives. Once upon a time, I suppose I garnered a bit of hoarding myself, but as my years as a scrapper mellow, I have all but eliminated my hoarding tendencies.




Well..............................except for one.




RIBBON!!




Somehow, I always manage to find more room for ribbon - the perfect accompaniment for oh so many projects. The little bit of satin or cording can make the simplest scrapping layout pop with the added color and texture and somehow handcrafted cards don't have the same sparkle without a tad of trimming so needless to say, I use lots of ribbon which fuels my hoarding habit!




With coupons and the local craft store sales flyer in hand, I set out on a mission to boost my current inventory (or rather, collection) of ribbon, braiding and trim! As I mentioned in my previous post Holiday Project 1 - ORGANIZATION 101, I have set out on a few holiday projects. No doubt, ribbon is a part of each one of these projects. Hmm, how did that happen?




So, now that I have amassed a new supply of ribbon - there's no excuse - it's off to work I go!

2 comments:

  1. Your photography is just beautiful! Happy Ribboning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need a few vices - enjoy that ribbon girl! Please post some photos of some of your scrap projects!

    ReplyDelete