Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gift Wrap - A Holiday Project


Handcrafted gift wrap and gift tag.

One of my past project goals that never came to fruition was creating my own gift wrap. I always admired those that were able to create something of their own, from the simple to the extravagant; I'm a sucker for a smartly wrapped gift, regardless of the occasion!

Gift wrap making in the process!

While this year's attempt didn't exactly match the image in my head - I am still, nonetheless, pleased with my creation! I chose to use a snowflake-shaped foam stamp with a soft blue paint - to mimic the crispness of a wintry sky. To simulate the sparkle of snowflakes, I added a dusting of finely ground crystal glitter (that sadly - I'm afraid, more ended up in the Dyson than on my wrapping paper!) For the background, I wanted something that was "rougher" in appearance to provide that contrast to the glittery snowflakes, so I chose good 'ole Kraft paper. The irregularity of the stamping added to the overall character of the gift wrap, adding that special handmade touch - something I wanted to achieve. The process was simple enough, although time-consuming; I learned lots and look forward to my next gift wrapping project!

May all your holiday shopping and gift wrapping tasks be complete!!

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment